Monday, December 31, 2007

Quebec City - Pedant at Le Pain Beni

While I have a sec before we head out, let me tell you about my dinner.

1) Sweetbreads in chocolate and fruit sauces. I considered getting
both the sweetbread appetizer and the blood sausage pastry main
course, but I thought that might be too much of a food risk.
Regardless, the sweetbreads were lightly fried and very tasty in the
assortment of sweet sauces. I could totally have this again.

2) Fennel & leek soup. The Sherbs has done this justice.

3) Shank of lamb in garlic sauce with creamy polenta and roast
vegetables. Everything about this was good, and there was a lot of it
too boot. The lamb fell right off the bone into the rich gravy and
almost tasted like the Moroccan lamb my mother used to make.

4) Creme brûlée. With coffee and Bailey's flavors. Delicious.

No comments: