Monday, March 10, 2008

Chinese Feast!!

This weekend The Pedant and I, after a successful trip to my favorite store, decided for the first of two weeks in a row NOT to eat Ethiopian food, but rather, return to our roots and eat Chinese. I know I have said it before that I love Chinese food, and I understand that it is nothing like what they serve in Asia, but I love it. TP and I have been scouring our new neighborhood but just can't seem to find a good place. (One place does good take out, and even has General Tso's Tofu and really great String beans.) But, TP knew of a good place near his ancenstral home and it was amazing. We over ordered by a lot, anticipating lots of leftovers. The run down:

Chinese Spaghetti (aka Cold Noodles in Sesame Sauce): This might be my most favorite food ever. As a kid I called it Chinese spaghetti and it is just so good. Sadly, though, I haven't had it in a while (TP and I got it in China Block once, but it was more like a cup of peanut butter tossed in with the noodles). This however, was fantastic. So gooey and creamy and fatty.

Chow Fun with Beef: For TP mostly. Since I got...

Vegetable Moo Shu: (...which isn't TP's favorite) I love this dish I think for the Hoison sauce. Alone, it's boring, but with Hoison, it's AMAZING.

Chinese Eggplant with Garlic Sauce: Very well done. Spicy and oily and fatty and delicious.

The last two made a great lunch Sunday and we still have more.

Another reason I love Chinese food: The whole meal with tax and tip: $30.00. Amazing.

No comments: