Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Home!

Yes, I know I was crappy about blogging while we were in Israel. No excuses, especially since The Pedant bugged me about it daily. But - I will try to make up for it today with a post about dinner last night (and my lunch today).

So since we had a miserable connection in Madrid, our plan for food shopping went out the window since TP and I were so tired we couldn't do anything but unpack, post pictures, order pizza and watch some TV (note the connection: doing things in the house, mostly sitting; none of these occur in a supermarket). Sadly, that means our fridge is bare and although we have some non-perishables, the amount of good, healthy food we can eat is sadly not much. Yet, last night I was able to concoct a meal of no fresh produce! Hooray! It was a "Japanese" Noodle Soup. (The quotations will not end up here, trust me, it was loosely Japanese.) Another reason for it: I developed a cold after 2 1/2 days of travel.

The ingredients:

Water
Parve Chicken Consume
A few squeezes of minced ginger in a tube
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Frozen veggies (spinach, "California medley")
A handful of dried shitake mushrooms
Soba noodles

I basically started cooking it before my exercise class and it came out surprisingly well. It tasted all home-y and delicious. Perfect to make me feel better.

Tomorrow's dinner (and, well, lunch) may be a problem. Also Thursday's...

No comments: