Sunday, April 27, 2008

I Would Love Madrid, But...

Spent a night in Madrid.

Didn't mean to, of course; wanted to be back in the US of A, where my witticisms are understood and not stared at with confusion by the locals. But something was not quite right with my Iberia flight from Madrid, so Iberia Lineas Aeras packed all of the travelers off to hotels for the night.

Good points: I got sleep, free food, Madrid stamp in my passport.

Bad points: too tired to see Madrid, even though everyone says it's open late (like Taco Bell and Wendy's!), my travel experience was never-ending, although not quite as bad as my forty-hour trip to Australia.

Read Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain on the way over to Israel, knew well enough not to order fish in a non-coastal city on a Sunday. The comped meal at the hotel included free bottles of mineral water and wine, which the Sherbs and I finished out of pique and principle.

No comments: