Friday, April 6, 2007

Salad Days

Like the Sherbs, I find there's not much to look forward to in terms of sweets (much less palatable crunchy starches!) over Passover. And I get tired of meringue much faster than she, although I like coconut (although most prepackaged macaroons get old fast).

Regardless, I made a pretty fab salad dressing for myself yesterday for my alternative Passover lunch: salad with turkey on top. It was vinegar, oil, garlic powder, and salt. I'm not really sure of the proportions because I rebel against measuring things, or even pouring them into containers where I could measure them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have 3 words for you:

FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE

Yes, that's right. That chocolate cake that has been the root of MANY marriage proposals can be made kosher for Pesach (or KFP as I like to call it). That's one confection that makes up for all those other tasteless, cardboardy, KFP desserts.

Good luck with your salads, eggs, and cheese!

Love,
Stoner

Sherbs said...

Stoner, where is this cake when I need it!?! I am stuck eating fruit slices and bad macaroons!

Anonymous said...

It will be in New Jersey tonight. And for the rest of the weekend.

Love,
Stoner