Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Beans!!!

I have said it before, and I will say it again: I like beans. My love is further solidified by a bean salad I made earlier this week and am enjoying. It is a Lemon-Basil Three Bean Salad (where I substituted kidney beans for black beans mostly because I couldn't reach the black beans in the super market and then omitted a pepper because I dislike peppers) and it is delicious. I made it with edamame because that's what the recipe calls for and I like edamame. It is a tasty addition to any lunch or snack and is just delish!

I think the secret is in the odd combination of beans: since edamame is "Japanese" and the other beans are "American/Italian/Spanish/etc." this allows for an interesting taste and color! And we know, presentation is supremely important. Also, the lemon-y flavor adds to the tartness of the dish, because lemon makes everything taste great.

All in all, a great dish. I think even Jeffery Steingarten would approve.

No comments: