Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Actual Food

While The Pedant has chosen to enlighten you with his off-the-beaten-track links and articles, I, on the other hand, will actually post about food.

I had lunch with my parents today. We went to a small Italian place near my place of business. It was nice. My dad had a salad chicken thing ("I don't want to go anywhere for a salad. I eat salad everyday." Later... "Oh! This dish has salad!"), my mom and I had a "roasted seasonal vegetables with pannini and roasted goat cheese."

It had some of the best elements of Italian food:
  • Cheese, and lots of it
  • Vegetables (especially asparagus and eggplant)
  • Olive oil
  • Garlic
I did think there could have been more garlic, and it missed one of my most favorite veggies, MUSHROOMS. Mmmm.... There is nothing in this world better than mushrooms. And more protein. As a vegetarian, I often lack protein at restaurants. So, in like 30 minutes for my coffee run, I will get a snack as well. Since now I'm a bit hungry.

So, all in all:
Free lunch: good.
Goat cheese: very, very good.

No comments: