Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Breakfast "Burritos"

I had a "quesadilla" for breakfast today (as well as some bran muffins). It was a flour tortilla with a mix of edam and cheddar inside.

It got me to thinking about the breakfast burrito made by the deli across from my workplace. It's basically scrambled eggs with pico de gallo mixed in laid on top of American cheese slices in a tortilla shell. I think I could do better, but I've just been lazy.

Sherbs and I, when we cook breakfast together, often make frittata. But I think the burrito concept has merit, too. I'd add some more onion (both green and white), veggie crumbles, and mushrooms. Also better cheese.

3 comments:

Sherbs said...

I mostly end up making frittats over omlettes because I end up putting too much veggies in, as opposed to the right balance. In which case they end up looking more like scrambled eggs, cheese and lots of veggies. With lots of hot pepper flakes.

Annie said...

I make breakfast burritos on a fairly regular basis. Eggs, black beans, avocado, and salsa in a whole-wheat tortilla (mmm dieting). It is actually a fairly good breakfast.

The Pedant said...

Annie - avocado in breakfast burritos sounds delicious.

Sherbs - doesn't matter how many veggies are in it if it's in a tortilla.