Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I Know How To Party

A new recipe just popped up on About.com: Dr. Pepper Chocolate Cake. Supposedly it's Texan, which makes sense - evidently Dr. Pepper is some sacred beverage of Texas, a fact which Dr. Pepper probably hides these days due to the unpopularity of the President (or lingering hatred for Lyndon Baines Johnson).

Searching the internet, I found the Texas equivalent of a Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte; however, despite the use of Dr. Pepper, the former is far less appetizing due to its combination of yellow cake and JELL-O®. Who makes that more than once?

With all of these Dr. Pepper recipes I'm finding, I could have an entire dinner party consisting solely of Dr. Pepper foods, from Dr. Pepper appetizers to Dr. Pepper soup course to Dr. Pepper dessert. To drink: Dr. Pepper and Diet Dr. Pepper.

No! Just kidding! That would be overkill (back when I was in law school, I had two twelve-packs of Dr. Pepper in my fridge, and you get kinda weird if you drink too many cans of Dr. Pepper in a short period of time). Water would be good.

5 comments:

Sherbs said...

Amazing. Do you think we can have this Dr. Pepper Cake for an upcoming affair involving a tremendous amount of cake to feed 250 people? Without the buttermilk? Thoughts?

And let's totally have a Dr. Pepper Dinner Party! Granted we have no dishes or cookware, but...

Christopher Smith said...

I would totally attend an all-Dr. Pepper dinner party if you threw one.

QP said...

If I did, there'd be Dr. Pepper hot wings.

And I think we can replace the buttermilk with soy milk. My mom does that to make parve biscuits.

s_baghaii said...

Is northern dr. pepper different than southern dr. pepper?

QP said...

As I posted previously, in Texas (and possibly outside the US), Dr. Pepper uses cane sugar.