Friday, July 20, 2007

More Dr. Pepper Musings

First, I learned that, for some, Diet Dr. Pepper assuages the grief that comes from the loss of a loved one:

Ralph F. Stayer, who founded Johnsonville Sausage Co., died June 25 in Naples at the age of 92. To celebrate his life, Alice Stayer, his partner in business and in life, organized a party to enjoy her husband’s passion — bratwursts.

* * *

The assembly line started with rolls, then freshly grilled bratwursts, sauerkraut and pasta salad. It ended with soda, water and a friendly greeting by Stayer’s son, Ralph C. Stayer, 64.

“I just love Diet Dr. Pepper,” he shared with a smile on his face. “Here, take this one. You have to try it.”

Now, for what I've been thinking about since Thursday evening: Dr. Pepper salad dressing. I think it might work, along the lines of a raspberry balsamic vinaigrette dressing. I think there's a way that Dr. Pepper, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil could work together.

Or maybe I need more sleep.

No comments: