Thursday, July 19, 2007

What, No Dr. Pepper? Well, perhaps that's for the best.

I found, while trolling the internet for new recipes, a fascinating salad recipe out of Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. However, the recipe is a little vague in the details (I've highlighted where):
  • 1 bunch of Swiss chard
  • 1 bunch spinach
  • 1/2 head lettuce
  • 3-4 small summer squashes
  • 1/2 cup cherries
  • 10-20 basil leaves
  • 1/4 cup pecans
  • 2-3 ounces of cheese, diced into cubes
  • Salad dressing
You know, there could be a really huge difference in end product depending on what cheese and salad dressing are used, and in what combination. For example, Velveeta® and caesar salad dressing do not marry well. Nor does Dr. Pepper luau dressing seem like a good choice.

If it were up to me, I'd go with gorgonzola or a blue cheese and a vinaigrette salad dressing. I think that would work best. Also, I'd candy the pecans.

3 comments:

Sherbs said...

1) We totally have to make Luau Salad dressing. Perhaps for a party. A Luau party!

2) I agree about the "cheese" and "dressing" part. Perhaps they want you to be creative, but are too darned lazy to tell you that. Man, I hate people

Diana said...

I just posted a bleu cheese dressing recipe on my blog. I guess great minds thing alike... About cheese!

QP said...

I am not sure about the Luau Party concept, as I'm pretty sure luaus involve pigs on spits. I have no interest in spit-cooking entire animals, especially treif ones.