Monday, March 26, 2007

Less Wheaty Than Expected

I work across from a Krispy Kreme. Usually, I don't even go in, because I would end up buying a doughnut product that I will regret (either because Krispy Kreme's flavor experiments are not always delicious, or because I will eat my weight in whatever I buy), and I do not own stock in the company.

But today, I did in fact enter the House of Kreme, and tried their whole wheat doughnut.

The verdict: just as tasty as the regular doughnut. Of course, unless that's some really enriched flour, the doughnut's nutritional value is not high in anything you want more of, or low in anything you want less of.

But it would probably be a better "bun" for the Krispy Kreme bacon cheeseburger made by the same folks who did the deep-fried cheeseburger mentioned a while back.

No comments: