Monday, March 12, 2007

While I lambasted The Pedant this morning for his post about a party my sister and I threw for my parents, I did tend to agree with his thoughts about the food. I should also point out that his help was unparalleled, and without him we wouldn't have known what to serve, had a delicious sangria, and had a generally jovial person there. The food was bought from a local supermarket with sufficient Jewy value and served Whitefish Salad, Salmon Salad, Tuna Salad and Egg Salad, bagels and the sides: coleslaw, potato salad, pasta salad, pickles. And I agree that the salads were all too mayo-y. And I like mayo, so for me to say that...wow.

I did get to cook a bunch for this weekend. For a Friday evening dinner, I made a three bean salad, which was quite tasty. I think the key was lemon juice, basil and edamame. I love me some edamame! I also spent all of Thursday night baking chocolate chip cookies and butterscotch brownies (with chocolate chips). And, they were a H-I-T hit. Mmmm...

No comments: