Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Spring has Sprung!

This morning, like the mornings of the past few days, I have woken up with my nose itching and my mouth dry. Why? SPRING IS HERE!

As many of you know, I have horrendous allergies. In the past they have been taken care of with shots, nose sprays, eye drops, 2 meds daily, and benedryl for the really bad nights. I have stoped taking most meds because they a) got expensive and b) didn't really help. However, aside from a crippling runny and oft bloody nose, itchy eyes, and random hives on my body (if I ever sit down in a park), I love spring.

Three main reasons:
  1. Sandals
  2. Long Walks
  3. Iced Coffee
Although I often do 2 and 3 together which can be problematic, I find nothing better than a long walk in Spring down Broadway with a friend and a nice iced coffee to cool me down. People watching and laughing at ill-dressed women is also fun. Haha. Mini skirts and ugg boots in 70 degrees. Loser.

So, to celebrate the change in clocks, warmer weather (although tomorrow will be chillier and rainy), I am wearing crocs, and am very happy. I am drinking warm coffee though, mostly because it is cheaper than buying iced coffee.

No comments: